Admission: I am a terrible procrastinator. I have learned the hard way (more than once) that procrastination is a horrible habit. I remember once when I was a junior in college writing a paper the night before it was due and just barely finishing it in time to turn it in. I still got a good grade, but my friend was throwing a party at our house and I was more disappointed that I couldn’t party with everyone else (a perfect example of my mindset in college, but hey, I still finished the paper and graduated Cum Laude!).
Anyhow, As I have gotten older (and gradually wiser) I have realized a couple of things:
1. I am not a morning person.
2. I still procrastinate.
One of my current goals is to get better at organizing and prioritizing and become more effective and productive. Here is how I plan on making my goals a reality:
1. Go to bed at the same time every night. Making sure I get enough sleep and get into a steady routine.
2. Refuse to hit my snooze- actually get up when I intend to. Again, sticking to my routines.
3. Do the hardest thing first. This includes work, cleaning my room, working out, eating my veggies, etc.
4. Make To-Do lists daily. By writing things down. This will help by reinforcing my goals and help to clear my mind to focus on being in the moment.
5. Review my budget and stick to it.
I really don’t believe that New Years Day is the best day to start a resolution and that’s why I am starting now. Today.
What are your goals? What are you hoping to master? How will you make your dreams become your new reality?
Peace and Love,