I had to give up my weekend to work. That did not make me happy. In fact, it made me really crabby. I need to snap out of my bad mood and have been taught to take note of what I am grateful for by writing a gratitude list.
Here is what I am thankful for today:
- my mom for always being there for me and letting me bitch and moan.
- my sister and her fiance Matt for taking care of my kitty Oscar.
- My car for getting me to the gym, meetings, the grocery store, and for generally allowing me freedom to leave campus.
- My dad for supporting me and believing in me.
- My home. I am incredibly grateful that I have a roof over my head.
- My health. I am able to run, workout, and have mobility that I often take for granted.
- My job. I am able to spend time working with students and student leaders. Although I don’t always feel appreciated, there are a few special ones that make it all worthwhile.
- My education, which has opened many doors and provided opportunities that I wouldn’t have gotten without it.
- My sobriety. Without it, I wouldn’t know God and wouldn’t have any of the above.